Friday, August 27, 2010

Read this: Oni Press' Roller Derby "Jam!"


Alex Dueben at Comic Book Resources interviews some of the creators involved in Jam!: Tales from the World of Roller Derby.

Monica Gallagher: My story is 100% autobiographical. It chronicles what happened when I decided I wanted to stop just watching and be a rollergirl. Well, I took a more casual, no-fault approach, I guess. I wanted to be a rollergirl, but since I didn't even know how to skate, I first decided to learn that part. If that worked, I'd go from there. [...] So, my story is about what happens when you're already an adult and discover a world you never noticed before that you have to become a part of, and along with that, decide you want to learn something so far outside of your comfort zone.

1 comment:

  1. Very cool looking cover. Love the detailing of the blood/bruises.

    ReplyDelete