Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Read this: Hope Larson talks comics


Chris Arrant at Robot 6 talks to writer/artist Hope Larson about her upcoming projects, including a graphic novel adaptation of Madeline L'Engle's science fiction classic A Wrinkle In Time. (Pictured above is her design for the protagonist, Meg.)

One of the hardest things about doing graphic novels is having to sit on them for so long, absolutely. I wasn’t even allowed to say I was working on A Wrinkle in Time for months, and that was a miserable time! There I was, plugging away, working on this project every day, and to anyone else it seemed like I wasn’t doing anything. It’s probably the reason I’m so active on twitter. “Yes, hello, here I am, drawing comics! Writing comics! Please don’t forget about me!”

No comments:

Post a Comment